Sunday, February 1, 2009

Introducing the Scott family

So here's my first time stepping into the world of blogging. I figure introductions are always a good place to start so here it goes. I am Debbie Scott. Now how to describe myself... let's see I am Rob's wife of 14 years and I am mom to 5 amazing children. I am sure you'll be getting to know them pretty well since they continuously give me fodder to write about. Our oldest son is Justin, who is in seventh grade and is now attending school again after 5 1/2 years being homeschooled. Megan is in fifth grade and is enjoying being in a school setting for the first time since January of her kindergarten year. Helen is 7 and is in 1st grade. She started kindergarten at LCS and has greatly benefitted from being there. Logan is also 7 and is being home schooled. Helen and Logan are 3.5 months apart in age and we feel it is better for them to be separated in school, especially since they are in the same grade and if they both attended LCS they'd be in the same class. (only one class per grade up until 7th grade) Nathan is 5. He is also being homeschooled. Tomorrow we are taking him to be tested for audiology and speech. He is smart as a whip but his speech is very difficult to understand. We are looking forward to the results of his tests.

Currently I am a SAHM. I homeschool my two youngest boys and three of our children attend a private Christian school. I watch two of my nieces ages 2 1/2 and 1, three days a week. After finally getting past the diaper stage (we had 3 in diapers for a while there and Nathan waited until the age of 4 to start using the potty) I am enjoying spending time playing with blocks, reading little board books with them on my lap and discussing important issues like if sissy needs her diaper changed.

All of our children play soccer, some play t ball, and Megan played basketball until this week when she injured her knee.

Now we are getting ready for the Superbowl. Not as much enthusiasm this year in the Scott household. Now LAST year was a different story. I am so thankful that our children were able to see the GIANTS win the superbowl. What an amazing day! So this year it is the Cardinals and the Steelers. All I know of the Steelers is that Gary Campbell and John Pulglesie in my 3rd grade class were huge fans and both wore Steeler sweaters for their class pictures. My husband ended up going to college with Gary. (small world) All I know about the Cardinals is that they are in Arizona and it is warmer there than it is here in upstate NY. The glare off the ice in the fields behind our house are BLINDING today. So that's my big mention of the Super Bowl.



No comments:

Post a Comment