Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!
I am still enjoying the quiet end to a lovely Mother's Day.
My morning started with some of these delivered to me in bed.


I then opened the homemade gifts from my children which always fill my heart with love. The thought of them taking the time to make these special treasures... trying their very best, using their neatest handwriting, even keeping live flowers in their bathroom and watering them all by themselves is just so precious to me.
(I had to use a paper towel to absorb some of the water out of the pot...
the poor things were VERY WELL watered.)

Then they gave me the gifts they bought for me with Rob last night. Rob had told me that "they like to shop."
My goodness he wasn't kidding.

First came this.


Then this... which I didn't know what it was for...
but I was delighted it was a "Kate Spade".




The kids thought I'd like it because I am working at a library again.

Finally I opened this....


and I cried.

My poor kids didn't know what was going on.
I had my face in my hands crying.
They were asking if I was okay and amongst themselves trying to decide
if they were happy or sad tears.
I told them that it was too much.
I truly never expected so much from them.
It was like Christmas,
my birthday
AND
Mother's Day
all in one.
Then I joked about deserving it and they all breathed a sigh of relief and started laughing. THAT was the mom they know and love.


Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment