Sunday, March 21, 2010

A New Beginning

Tomorrow is a new beginning in our family. H came home for another visit today. It went very well. Rob and I decided that if was time to bring H home. So tomorrow is a new beginning for our family. We will all be back home together again. The kids were all happy to hear the news. We'll take it one day at a time and try to build on the baby steps we made this weekend.
It's going to be a busy week here in the Scott house. J is getting ready for the 8th grade play coming up this Friday and Saturday. Softball and Little League season is in full swing. The kids got to spend A LOT of time outside this weekend. N got moved up to a bigger bike with only one training wheel. He calls it his trike.
The drama of the day was that L has holes in his sneakers. Not a big deal because he has a new pair of sneakers that he hasn't been wearing. (I'm not sure why except that the "holey" sneakers have Ben 10 on them and are velcro.) So what's the problem you ask. He can only find ONE of the "new" sneakers. I am at a loss. Do we let him wear the "holey" sneakers or make him wear the one shoe he did find and hop around on one foot? I KNOW the answer to this one, but I'm pretty frustrated with him right now. It bugs me to have him wear "holey" sneaks but only half as much as it does that I planned ahead and got him new ones and now he can't find one of them. So if you see a kid hopping around in new red tie sneaks, you'll know it's my L. Yes, I know I have bigger issues going on in our house but somehow it is a relief to focus on something relatively mundane for a moment.

The other big thing for the weekend is that I actually made four more "spring" wreaths. I have spent the evening coming up with a tag to hang on them. I found a songbook with a song titled "Tis Springtime" that I want to add to it as the finishing touch. I really like how they turned out. I'll try to get some pictures up on my It's All Good blog @ itsallgooddebbie.blogspot.com 
I hope you come by and check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment