Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Who do you lean on when coffee just won't get you through?

So today was one of those days. All the coffee in the world wasn't going to get me through. This morning I knew I wouldn't make it through without God's strength. Why is it that it takes a day like today for me to be aware of how much I need God? There was one point in my day where I was driving through my town and wondered WHO could help me... WHO I could lean on and that is when I realized that this God of mine is pretty awesome. Not that I didn't know that already, but sometimes it's like I'm realizing it in a whole new way. It's kind of like reading a bible verse that you've read before but on that day at that particular moment it has a whole new meaning to you.

So today is a new day. A day of new beginnings. A day of tears, a few smiles between the tears and most of all a day of hope. I just want to thank God for sending some special people my way today... a few people who knew what kind of day I was having and offered words of encouragement and support. In a world of emails, twitter (not that I tweet), text messaging, IM, facebook, and so many other ways to keep in touch "at arms length", it is truly special to have someone look you in the eye and say, "I care." It takes a lot to actually say those two simple words... and it is much easier to just walk away without saying them aloud. "I care." It seems to me that that is God's message to us and maybe we need to reach out to share that message with each other more often.




Read more: http://www.mylivesignature.com/wizard2_2.php#ixzz0hibhVBrM

No comments:

Post a Comment